Welcome to Our Support Center: Do you need help with something? Find answers to your questions. Check the following below.
1. How does it work?
2.What's the difference between a basic member and a VIP member?
3. Is it free? Do I have to Pay?
4. Why am I unable to send messages?
5. Is my privacy protected?
6. Does the site have censored content?
1. I can’t remember my login details. Is there a way I could find them?
2. Is it possible to change my password?
1. Why is it compulsory that I set up a profile before I can use the site?
2. Is there any fee attached to setting up a profile?
3. How do I go about setting up my profile?
4. Can my username be changed?
5. How do I go about changing my Profile?
6. Is it possible to be invisible on this platform?
7. Is it possible to delete my profile?
1. My profile does not have a photo, how can I put one there?
2. Do I need to do anything to make my photo show on my profile?
3. Do I need to meet any requirements before I can add my photos?
4. Why did my photo disappear from my profile?
1. How do I search for a member?
2. How can I get a member's name through a search?
3. Why is my search not giving any results?
4. What does a match mean?
5. I don’t know how to refine my searches.
6. I’d like to add ratings and notes, but I don’t know how to do it.
7. I have recorded some notes and ratings; how can I view them?
8. How do I go about editing a note or a rating?
CONTACTING OTHER MEMBERS
1. I need help contacting another member
2. Will that make my details disclosed?
3. How do I send a reply message to a member that has just sent me a message?
4. Do I have to first be a subscriber before I can receive messages?
5. Is there any way you could help so that I can receive messages in another email inbox apart from my regular email?
6. I need to stop messages from a known member. How do I do that?
1. What is the cost of subscribing to Nigerian Christian Singles?
2. How do I go about the payment process?
3. How safe is it to pay with my credit card on NigerianChristianSingles.com?
4. What am I going to see on my credit card account statement?
5. Is subscription renewal automatic?
6. I wish to delete my profile but I still have an unused subscription. Will I get a refund for my balance?
7. Will the site retain my profile even if my subscription expires?
ANSWERS GENERAL HELP
Nigerian Christian Singles (NCS) enables you to find and interact with other singles through safe and secure means. Basically, you just use a nickname as your username (to stand as your alias or screen name) create a profile with a brief description of yourself, and then choose the type of people you want to connect with. Members of the site are able to view your profile as you can also view theirs. When you are interested in connecting with someone you have seen, you can contact the person by sending him/her a message through the site. They will receive the message in their email inbox with your Username as the sender. Your email address and your real name remain undisclosed. On the flip side, other members of the site can also contact you in the same way. You will also not be able to see their real names and email address just as yours is protected from others. At your own convenient time, you may disclose your real identity to the member who has contacted you. However, it is advised that you check out our guidelines for safe online dating.
2. What is the difference between a Standard Member from a VIP Member?
You become a standard member/basic member as soon as you create your profile. However, you have to upgrade your account to VIP Member to get unlimited access to all features on the site. - Check out our subscription rates.
Membership is absolutely free. As a member, you have access to some of the site features, which include sending and receiving a limited amount of messages sent through the site. However, you may need to become a VIP before you are able to send unlimited messages and much more.
4. WHY AM I UNABLE TO SEND MESSAGES?
As a basic member you are only allowed to send a limited amount of messages, you will need to upgrade your account to VIP member to have unlimited access.
5. IS MY PRIVACY PROTECTED?
1. I CAN’T REMEMBER MY LOGIN DETAILS, IS THERE A WAY I COULD FIND THEM?
Sure there is. Look for the Lost Password link and click on it, fill out the form provided and you will receive an email reminding you of your Username and directing you to reset your password through a link. If you used your social network account to sign up for your membership, then use the related button for your sign-in also. That should solve your problem but if you are still unable to sign in, feel free to contact us for help.
2. IS IT POSSIBLE TO CHANGE MY PASSWORD?
Yes. This can be edited on the Account Details page from your profile.
1. WHY IS IT COMPULSORY THAT I SET UP A PROFILE BEFORE I CAN USE THE SITE?
You can perform searches on the site even if you have not created a profile. However, only a member can view the full profile of other members. Also, becoming a member requires no fee.
2. IS THERE ANY FEE ATTACHED TO SETTING UP A PROFILE?
No. You can set up a profile with your free membership; it is only when you want to connect with other people that you must become a paying subscriber.
3. HOW DO I GO ABOUT SETTING UP MY PROFILE?
The first step is to Sign Up for a free account to become a member. If you are already a member, proceed to Edit Profile on your account.
4. CAN MY USERNAME BE CHANGED?
Yes. This can be edited from the (my settings) page of your profile.
5. HOW DO I GO ABOUT CHANGING MY PROFILE?
The edit instructions on your profile will put you through
6. IS IT POSSIBLE TO BE INVISIBLE ON THIS PLATFORM?
Yes. But as a basic member, you will not be able to access the button, only VIP members can become invisible. To become invisible as a VIP member, just click on the "Online Now" icon on your profile to be invisible. Other members will not know if you are online on not.
7. IS IT POSSIBLE TO DELETE MY PROFILE?
Yes. But as a basic member, you can not access the delete button, only VIP members can delete their account because they have access to the delete button. To delete your account as a VIP member, just go to MY Settings Under your "Email Address", click on Delete my account, and follow the instruction. Please note that you will not be able to get a refund or apply the remaining days to any other profile (in the future or existing).
1. MY PROFILE DOES NOT HAVE A PHOTO, HOW CAN I PUT ONE THERE?
You will find guidelines to help you upload photos when you go to My Photos.
2. DO I NEED TO DO ANYTHING TO MAKE MY PHOTO SHOW ON MY PROFILE?
There is nothing you need to do. Once photos are uploaded, our support staff checks them for approval before they become visible to the public. This also applies to the existing picture anytime you change the one you are using as your primary picture. The normal time when newly uploaded photos are checked is 24 hours but there are instances when it takes a little longer, for example, during weekends due to limited staff and anytime there is high demand.
3. DO I NEED TO MEET ANY REQUIREMENTS BEFORE I CAN ADD MY PHOTOS?
Yes. The acceptable formats are JPEG, PNG, GIF, BMP, PCX, or TIFF format. Your photo will not be accepted if the size is below the acceptable size, but the dimensions can be anything. Photos that are too large are usually resized automatically. Please pay attention to all the necessary guidelines in the Photo upload procedures.
4. I CAN’T SEE MY PHOTO IN MY PROFILE AGAIN. WHAT HAS HAPPENED?
There are reasons why your photo may be deleted. It may not meet our technical requirements, it may be X-rated or is copyrighted material such as a picture of a celebrity, a picture that does not represent you, or a cartoon. You have to be the person on the picture, for it to be accepted as your profile picture. You can create a photo album with any other appropriate pictures.
Back To Top
1. HOW DO I SEARCH?
To do a quick and simple search, use the Quick Search form to specify your requirements and click 'Go'. To do a more advanced search, use the information on the Find page.
2. HOW DO I SEARCH FOR A SPECIFIC MEMBER BY NAME?
This is easy. Just by using the "Search User By Name" option in the Search section, enter the username or part of their User's name and click 'Go.'
3. CAN I SEARCH FOR A MEMBER BY NAME?
YES! If this is not getting any easy, maybe your search standard is just too narrow. You may need to ease your requirements just a bit, e.g. use a broader age range for the search, etc. If you are cutting down your search to something like this: a Girl 26 years of age, non-smoking and non-drinking female residing in Lagos, interested in having children, you may not get as many results as you possibly want.
4. WHAT DOES A MATCH MEAN?
When setting up your profile, there is a page where you specify the kind of people you want based on some criteria. Those who have profiles that match these stated criteria are referred to as your MATCH. Based on the two-way matching performed by our matching engine, you will only see profiles of members whose profile does not just meet your criteria, but whose criteria are also met by your own profile.
5. I DON’T KNOW HOW TO REFINE MY SEARCHES
Create a complete profile and do not make the details of your desired partner too open. For example, you cannot be looking for a female aged between 18 and 80 who lives anywhere in the world. You must be able to find a balance between too narrow and too open a match. Also, when you specify the profile details for a match, you can rate the importance of each detail.
6. I LIKE TO ADD RATINGS AND NOTES, BUT I DON’T KNOW HOW TO DO IT.
Go to the User Profile and you will see the Notes and Ratings feature at the lower part of their photos block.
7. I HAVE RECORDED SOME NOTES AND RATINGS; HOW CAN I VIEW THEM?
This is another simple process. Follow these steps; log in - go to "Find" then "More" and then select "Notes" or "Ratings"
8. HOW DO I GO ABOUT EDITING A NOTE OR A RATING?
To make changes to a note or alter the rating you gave a user earlier, you need to go to User Profile, scroll down, and below their photos block, you will see “edit note”, click on it to delete or modify the note. You can change the rating by clicking the number of stars you wish to give the user. You can also click the space before the first star to remove the rating entirely.
Back To The Top
CONTACTING OTHER MEMBERS
1. I NEED HELP CONTACTING ANOTHER MEMBER
You will always see a ‘Contact Him’ or ‘Contact Her’ link each time you check the profile of another member. To contact a member, click the link and a box will appear. Enter your message in that box and then send it.
2. WILL THAT MAKE MY DETAILS DISCLOSED?
3. HOW DO I SEND A REPLY TO A MEMBER THAT HAS JUST SENT ME A MESSAGE?
The email you have just received should have a link that you will have to follow. When you click the link, you will be directed to their profile and will find the ‘Contact Him’ or ‘Contact Her’ link which will then allow you to reply to their message. Remember, you will only be able to send a message if you are a paying subscriber.
4. DO I HAVE TO FIRST BE A SUBSCRIBER BEFORE I CAN RECEIVE MESSAGES?
No, anyone with a profile and username can receive a message from another member who is a paying subscriber. However, you will not be able to reply to their messages unless you subscribe.
5. IS THERE ANY WAY YOU COULD HELP SO THAT I CAN RECEIVE MESSAGES IN ANOTHER EMAIL INBOX APART FROM MY REGULAR EMAIL?
You can create a free Web-based mail account using a service like Hotmail and then use the newly created email address in setting up your profile. Don’t forget that free email services have their potential downsides. You might get your account disabled if you fail to check it for a long time. This would cause you to lose all the emails sent to you by other members and your profile may be removed from our database if there are repeated bounces from your address.
6. I NEED TO STOP MESSAGES FROM A MEMBER, HOW DO I DO THAT?
Use the link in their email to get to their profile, or locate them with the find by username function. Right under their photo, you will see a ‘Block Him’ or ‘Block Her’ link which you can use. When a further attempt is made by the member to contact you, they will find a note telling them that you can no longer be contacted because you have blocked their messages. Once you block a member, the message block can only be removed by you.
Back To The Top
1. WHAT IS THE COST OF SUBSCRIBING TO VIP MEMBERS?
We provide our members with a range of reasonable subscription packages, you will find more details on the subscription page. Click here for more details
2. HOW DO I GO ABOUT THE PAYMENT PROCESS?
Our credit card payment facility is 100% secure. If you are not comfortable you can use our direct bank deposit option. Check out the subscribe section for more details.
3. HOW SAFE IS IT TO PAY WITH MY CREDIT CARD ON NIGERIANCHRISTIANSINGLES.COM?
Very safe. We use a reputable third-party payment processor called ( Paystack ). It has partnered with all the major banks in Nigeria. So it's 100% safe and secure payment. Check out the subscribe section for more details.
4. WHAT AM I GOING TO SEE ON MY CREDIT CARD ACCOUNT?
Payment usually appears as a purchase from the operator of the site - "NIGERIAN CHRISTIAN SINGLES".
5. IS SUBSCRIPTION RENEWAL AUTOMATIC?
No, we do not support automatic re-billing, you can renew anytime you wish by yourself.
6. I WISH TO DELETE MY PROFILE BUT I STILL HAVE AN UNUSED SUBSCRIPTION, WILL I GET A REFUND OF MY BALANCE?
No, you will lose any unused subscription if you delete your profile. There is no refund if you do so.
7. WILL THE SITE RETAIN MY PROFILE EVEN IF MY SUBSCRIPTION EXPIRES?
Sure! However, the subscriber benefits can only be enjoyed if you renew your subscription.